The world’s most expensive coffee found in Indonesia is made from animal poop. Image credit – Pinterest
Though the country is in a devastating condition at this moment, the place has many unknown and interesting facts which makes it one of the most fascinating places in the world.
Well, apart from being the only place in the world to be home to the Komodo Dragons, Indonesia also has the world’s largest volcanic lake in the world – Lake Toba.
With a long tail like a monkey and face markings like a raccoon, the digestive enzymes of civet change the structure of proteins in the coffee beans thereby removing some of the acidity for a much smoother, refined and specialty cup of coffee.
Benefits of Kopi Luwak
- Kopi Luwak is easier on the stomach unlike other coffee. It is also believed to be good for ulcers and gallbladder related problems.
- It can help people with migraine problems and other headaches.
- Drinking Kopi Luwak might reduce the risk of cancer and also has some benefits against colon cancer.
- It has some psychological benefits as drinking this coffee might improve your mood and increase energy beyond a standard caffeine boost.
- The antibacterial properties of Kopi Luwak can also help strengthen and protect your teeth.
- It also improves heart health, detoxifies the body and helps in controlling diabetes.
Price of Kopi Luwak
Made from the feces of civets, according to National Geographic, one cup of coffee can sell for $80 in the United States, which when converted, approximately comes down to Rs 6500. Talking about India, one kilo of Kopi Luwak costs more than Rs 50,000, reportedly.
Do you know about any other interesting facts and benefits about the world’s most expensive coffee? Let us know by tweeting to us @TimesNow.