Boasting over 17,000 islands, Indonesia is one of the top tourist destinations in the world to visit in April. Out of all these islands, only 6,000 are inhabited, but each comes with unique features that are worth exploring. Three of the largest islands in the world, Borneo, Java, and Sumatra, call this archipelago home. Some of the things to experience in Indonesian islands are an amazing culture, an incredible food scene, and of course, stunning beaches. Planning a vacation this April? These beautiful Indonesian islands will take your breath away.
Chances are, Instagram fanatics have already come across thousands of epic pictures of Bali, one of the most beautiful Indonesian islands. While many people may think it’s the photos that make it look like a paradise, it has mind-blowing natural scenery, and one may have to visit it to believe. The island is big, which is exactly the opposite of what appears on the map. Visiting Bali? There are numerous things one can do there, including some of its secret spots that only the locals know about. Some of the best destinations not to miss in Bali this April include Canggu, home to fabulous restaurants, and Munduk, home to gorgeous mountains and lakes. A visit to Bali is always worth it, whether traveling solo, as a family, or for a romantic getaway.
- Accommodation: Alila Ubud
- Address: Desa Melinggih Kelod, Denpasar 80572
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, spa & wellness center, fitness center, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, free Wi-Fi, tea/coffee maker, coffee machine, and valet parking.
Nusa Penida is known for having the best snorkeling adventure in Indonesia. Not far from Bali, it is one of the favorite islands that have brought many tourists back to explore its beautiful wonders. The island is home to some of the most impressive beaches, including Diamond Beach and Kelingking Beach, known for their incredible viewpoints. One place not to miss during a visit to Nusa Penida is Rumah Pohon Tree House, one of the most scenic buildings on the island. This island is a bit smaller but is home to plenty of bucket-list-worthy places to see, including the Tembeling natural pool.
- Accommodation: Dream Beach Huts
- Address: Dream Beach, Nusa Penida 80771
- Amenities: Private beach, snorkeling, outdoor pool, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, free Wi-Fi, coffee shop, valet parking, and free parking.
Related: Nusa Penida Vs Gili Islands: Check Out These Real Tourist Photos To Help You Decide Which To Visit
Java Island is one of the most beautiful islands one can book this spring. One of its most striking destinations is the Indonesian capital and the largest city, Jakarta, home to luxury hotels that are a must-book. It is the fourth largest in the country and home to some of the most unique wildlife species on earth, including the endangered One-Horned Rhino, which tourists can spot in Ujung Kulon National Park. Java is also an adventurer’s dream, thanks to having over 100 fabulous volcanoes, Mount Ijen and Mt. Bromo being among the most stunning. This island is also worth visiting for its historic sites, some of which date back to the 3rd century. The Buddhist temple of Borobudur is worth a visit and shouldn’t miss on a traveler’s bucket list.
- Accommodation: The Dharmawangsa Jakarta
- Address: Jl.Brawijaya Raya No 26 Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta 12160
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, indoor pool, spa & wellness center, fitness center, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, tea/coffee maker, coffee machine, and coffee shop.
Home to plenty of pristine beaches, Lombok is an incredible island destination to not miss this April. The island boasts a laid-back atmosphere, which means things won’t be as fast. One of the most striking features of the island is Mount Rinjani, an incredible destination for adventurous tourists looking for excellent hiking opportunities. Surfing is another popular activity on the island of Lombok, and April is one of the best months to do it.
- Accommodation: The Beach House Resort
- Address: Gili Trawangan, Pemenang 83352
- Amenities: Beachfront, Wi-Fi, outdoor pool, infinity pool, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, bicycle rental, free Tea/coffee maker, and free parking.
Related: Heaven Besides Bali: 11 Islands In Lombok For An Amazing Scenic Vacation
Situated in Crater Lake Toba, Samosir Island is one of the most beautiful islands to book this April. It was created more than 1,000 years ago as a result of a volcanic eruption and is a perfect destination for tourists looking for peace and serenity. Experiencing the culture of the local people (the Batak Tribe) and their Batak Houses (some of the most gorgeous sights) is a must-do! During their visit, vacationers can learn the island’s TorTor, a traditional dance usually performed in gatherings like gala and weddings.
Sumatra is the largest island in the Indonesian territory, and it could take vacationers a whole month to explore. The island is dotted with some of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country. It is famous for being one of the two last places on earth where tourists can see Orangutans in the wild. Its vast, unique terrain, much of which is sparsely populated, is home to gorgeous national parks and rare wildlife species. Its magnificent forests, rivers, and ravines offer plenty of outdoor adventures.
- Accommodation: Grand Mercure Maha Cipta Medan Angkasa
- Address: Jalan Sutomo No1 Medan, Medan 20235
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, spa & wellness center, fitness center, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, free Wi-Fi, tea/coffee maker, coffee machine, and coffee shop.
Related: This Indonesia Village Is Nestled In The Sumatra Mountains
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Komodo is among the best destinations to visit in Indonesia. The island is known for its most striking attraction, the famous Komodo dragons, the largest living lizards on earth. Apart from these adorable creatures, travelers can embark on snorkeling or scuba diving adventures to experience some of the country’s most impressive coral reefs and aquatic creatures. One can also explore the island’s incredible wildlife and go hiking to discover some of its hidden gems.
The largest of the Alor Archipelago’s islands is definitely among the most beautiful Indonesian islands to book this spring. It is among the top diving spots in the country, known for boasting an incredibly stunning underwater world. Travelers looking for a quiet destination should opt for Alor Island, home to Kolana and Muna, two of the most impressive summits in the country. Other than scuba diving and exploring the peaks, visitors can spend some time in museums or see other places by booking one of the best tours.
Karimun Jawa Island
Karimunjawa is a magnificent archipelago of about 27 islands with breathtaking natural scenery. Indonesia is home to seven Marine National Parks, and this is one of them. It is among the country’s best-hidden gems and makes a perfect getaway for honeymooners. A visit to Karimunjawa Island can be combined with Kemujan Island, its sister island. They always seem like one but are separated by a tiny gap and connected by a bridge. It is home to Shark Preservation, and tourists can get an incredible opportunity of swimming with sharks.
- Accommodation: Casavelion
- Address: Desa Alang Alang, Karimunjawa 59454
- Amenities: Snorkeling, restaurant, room service, free Wi-Fi, coffee shop, free parking, Wi-Fi available in all areas, free toiletries, internet, and laundry service.
Belitung Island is located off the coast of Sumatra and is home to numerous beautiful sandy beaches, incredible rock formations, and historical sites. There are many things to do on the island, including sunbathing, snorkeling, diving, and exploring the local culinary delights. Tourists can also visit Lengkuas Island from here and see its striking lighthouse during their island hopping adventure. Some of the beaches not to miss include Tanjung Kelayang and Tanjung Tinggi.
- Accommodation: Swiss-Belresort Belitung
- Address: Jl. Tanjung Kelayang no. 168, Tanjung Pandan 33414
- Amenities: Adults only, outdoor pool, beachfront, fitness center, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, free Wi-Fi, coffee machine, and free parking.